Location: Customer sites (greater DC-Baltimore metro area)
Clearance: Active TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly
Job Type: Full-Time
Who We Are:
Yakabod is an enterprise software company that prides ourselves on creating a strong culture forged by our core values of Grace, Integrity, Excellence, Passion, and Consistency. Yakabod was started in 2001 and has continued to experience growth and success as an industry leader. Our software system the YAKABOX, was originally designed and is currently being utilized by the Intelligence Community. We expanded our primary use of the Yakabox platform to create the CISOBOX, which is being used in government and private industry as a secure incident management system. We are located in beautiful downtown Frederick and take pride in our company’s spirit that is best described in our tagline, “Do Stuff That Matters”. Not only are we invested in our employees and our customers, we are heavily invested in our community as well.
Yakabod is seeking a cleared Customer Engagement Specialist: an entrepreneurial, self-motivated problem solver to help new and existing customers succesfully adopt and deploy our software solutions for long-term success. You’ll collect and analyze customer requirements and needs, with a penchant for uncovering new opportunities to add value and benefit to their mission. You’ll teach users how to use new features and applications in one-on-one and/or group settings. You’ll have the presence and confidence to brief customers and internal stakeholders on program status, user adoption, and required training. You’ll gather and analyze usage data and patterns, and help generate metrics and reports. You’ll strive to fully understand your customer’s needs – from both a strategic and tactical level – and then communicate them effectively to our Application Factory Team. You’ll be expected to contribute significantly to the mutual success of our company and our clients – leading, following, and collaborating.
We’re looking for a hybrid operations/technical person who is comfortable navigating secure application technology while understanding use cases and operational needs. You won’t be on an island – you’ll have the support of a skilled and diverse team, but you will need the bandwidth and energy to support multiple customers, programs and locations.
Must Possess The Following Attributes:
- Active TS/SCI Clearance with Full Scope Poly.
- Proven follow-through and ability to navigate complex cultural, political, and change-averse environments to drive user adoption.
- Excellent collaboration and diplomacy skills—to credibly and comfortably interact with techies, early adopters, technophobes, senior executives, managers, stakeholders, work groups/user groups and more to gain buy-in and consensus on priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communications—to develop and deliver requirements, concepts of operations, use cases, demonstrations, training and presentations to both one-to-one and in small groups.
- Collaborating with the team to discover and create messaging including value proposition and competitive messaging.
- Passion and patience to assist and understand users needs while training them to adopt new technologies.
- Skill in troubleshooting user issues and communicating them to the Application Factory Team at an application administrator level.
- Deep understanding of the Intelligence Community (IC) mission
- Domain experience in some or many aspects of the IC mission operations (collection, analysis, reporting, information assurance, etc.)
- Systems engineering, business analyst, or project management skills
Why You Want To Work Here:
We have a strong culture focused on our employee’s success. We only want to hire the best people that resonate with our Core Values and have a strong desire to make an impact at work, at home and in the community. You must be self-motivated, goal driven and team focused to be successful in this position.
Our Amazing Benefits:
Yakabod offers competitive salaries along with employer paid benefits such as:
- 100% Company paid health, dental, life, short term disability, and long term disability
- 401k with employer match
- Profit sharing
- Employee Stock options
- Year-end discretionary bonus
- Flex-time for in office hours and remote work options
- Personal time off (PTO)
- Company paid holidays
- Free downtown Frederick parking
- $1000 Annual Personal Allowance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Adoption reimbursement
- Charitable contributions, and more!
- Hybrid remote/in office position
- Virtual meetings (whenever possible)
- Social distancing and mask requirements in office
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Yakabod is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our continuing policy to recruit and employ the best qualified individuals without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, veteran status, and/or any other protected characteristics. Yakabod maintains a respectful, welcoming workplace that reflects our belief in the fundamental dignity of all people.